Making new friends is the primary goal of Facebook, a prominent social networking site. A few years ago, it was common for users to include a list of their friends on their social media sites. As a result of privacy issues, many individuals now choose to keep their pals to themselves.
Everyone has access to your friends’ list by default. However, you may choose to hide your friend list to just you or just a few of your friends at a given time. As a result, we’re here to show you how to restrict access to your friend list so that only you can see it.
How to hide your friend’s list On Facebook:
If you want to keep your Facebook friends list safe, there are a few simple procedures that you can do. Suppose you don’t want strangers or everyone else to see, your friends list. You can do it this way.
From a computer or laptop, you may hide your friend’s list.
- Go to the Facebook website on your web browser.
- Open the Account menu by clicking on the triangle in the upper-right corner.
- In the ‘Settings and Privacy section, click on “Settings” and then pick “Settings.”
- Select ‘Privacy’ from the sidebar on the left.
- ‘How People May Find and Contact You’ can be found here.
- ‘Who can view your buddy list?’ will appear underneath this.
- Click the Edit button below the ‘Who can view your buddy list’ option.
A drop-down menu will appear here with these 3 options.
Public: Your Friends list is public information that anybody may see.
Members of your Facebook Friends group are the only ones who can view your list of Facebook friends.
Friends with a specific focus: If you want to keep your friend list private from everyone except a few of your pals. Then choose those you want from this list.
My list of friends: If you want to limit who can view your friend’s list but you can’t, you may customize this option. Custom lets you input the names of the people you want to share your friend’s list with, or you can choose ‘Don’t Share With’ to keep them from seeing it.
- To save the custom configuration, click on ‘Save changes.
- To save, click on the right-hand side ‘Close’ button.
- Finished, your buddy list will now only be visible to those you’ve chosen to see it.
Hide your phone’s Friends List from the app.
On a computer, the process of setting up a smartphone is relatively similar. Here’s how to make your buddy listless visible on Android and iOS:
- Open the Facebook App on your mobile device and log in to your profile.
- If you’re using an iPhone or an Android smartphone, tap on the hamburger menu (or three lines) in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- ‘Settings & Privacy’ and then ‘Settings’ are the places to begin.
- Now, click on ‘Privacy.’
- ‘Who can view your friend list?’ may be found here.
- To view all of the available choices, click More and then See All.
- Make a choice from the options shown.
- After making your selection, pick the “Save” option.
So, that’s how you can conceal your Facebook friend list. Your profile may, however, be visited by those with whom you have mutual acquaintances.