Are you thinking about how to find old posts on Facebook without scrolling your Profile feed? Leave everything to us and we will explain it in just a blog.
You must have found a memory and want to see your pictures on Facebook on that memory. But that was probably from a million years ago. So you wonder how to search Facebook posts. Well, let us tell you that it is easy to do so. We have divided this blog into two methods. Go through both of them and find out which Facebook method works for you.
How to find old posts on Facebook (2 Workable methods)
There are two methods you can search for old posts on Facebook. One is by using the Facebook search box, one of the very handy features of Instagram and the other method is searching for posts through all the liked posts.
Let us go through each method and find out how it is done.
Search all the posts through the search box to find old posts on Facebook
The first method we will talk about on how to find old posts on Facebook is the one searching through Facebook’s search box. For this, there is one requirement. You need to think of a keyword that is associated with the post that you are searching for. For example, you want to find a birthday post from 2014. What you can do is use the keyword birthday in the Facebook search box.
The other thing to keep in mind is, that when the search engine generates results, it will generate them on the basis of the keyword you put in to how to find old posts on Facebook. so, the shorter the keyword is, the more results you get. So try searching for a keyword that is extremely closely related to your post. Try to use the exact keyword that was mentioned in the caption of the post.
- On your desktop, go to www.facebook.com and log in to your account with your username and password.
- On the top of the page that appears after you have logged in, you can locate the search box of Facebook. This is also called Search Feild and is also located on a blue bar. Click on that.
- Enter a particular keyword that is associated with the caption of the post that you want to find. And then click on Enter. Putting the keyword will bring up results that are associated with the keyword. The search results will contain groups, photos, pages and also people.
- From the list of the tab that appears under the search box after hitting enter, click on the Posts tab. When you click on the Posts tab, it will show you the list of public posts and the posts of all your friends. This result is created on the basis of search keywords.
- On the left side, you will also be able to notice a tab. Under the DATE POSTED section, click on the Any Date option. And this will show you all the previous posts without scrolling.
Search all the liked posts to find old posts on Facebook
The second method that can help you how to find old posts on Facebook is by searching all the liked posts on your Facebook account. This is a method based on keyword search. So what you need to keep in mind is that you have to search with a keyword that is associated with the post like the caption on your post or such. And this method also requires you to scroll a little unlike the excessive scrolling on your Profile Feed.
- For this, you will need to open Facebook on a web browser. Type in www.facebook.com and log in to your already existing account with your username and correct password.
- Then, go to your main Profile page. Click on the name that is right beside the Home button on the navigation bar. This can be found at the top of the screen. Or, you can also click your name that is on the left side of the screen, on top of your navigation menu.
- After that, tap on the View Activity Log. This can be found in the lower-right corner of your cover photo.
- You will have to then click on the Activity Search region. You can find this at the top of the Activity Log. it is usually different from the regular Facebook search as it searches all your activities including your posts, comments, likes, profile updates and events.
- Here, enter a keyword that you remember from the post. A small tip to keep in mind is that shorter keywords can give you more results.
- Then, tap Enter on your keyboard. This will show you the search results of all the list of your activities like likes, comments, posts, updates, or the posts that have tagged you in it and others alike.
- Then, you can scroll down to find the older posts. Since the Activity Log is in reverse chronological order, you can find the older posts at the bottom of the page. From the list of posts that show up here, you can find the one that you are looking for just by scrolling down a little unlike scrolling down your Profile Feed which shows up thousand so activities that you have performed through the time.
If you didn’t know about the keyword thing that has been mentioned here or how the first method work out, it is fine. Many are not aware of what search engines are and what they can do. Search engines on the internet help to find you what you are searching for. And that can only be done when you have put in a keyword in the search box. This search engine mechanism works the same for any search engine on the internet.
The second method we discussed was finding all the liked posts you have. And that would only work if you have liked the old post on Facebook. So the second method limits the searches to only the liked posts.
We hope that if not two, at least one of them works for you on how to find old posts on Facebook and see older posts on Facebook. If there are still doubts about this reading the article once more and consider researching. Stay tuned to DigitalSushma for more helpful how-to blogs.