Are you wondering how to remove a like on Facebook? Do you want to, unlike a Facebook page? You have reached the right corner. The internet is full of blogs but since you came across this, we would like to give you a bonus. We thought of coming up with a blog only about mobiles since it is the device that is used by literally everyone. But we thought why not expand this article to something more helpful?
Follow along with this article to find out how we do it.
How to Remove a like on Facebook on a desktop computer?
Here, I will explain how to remove a like on Facebook on a desktop in just a few steps.
- Visit the Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com
- Log in to your Facebook account by putting in your email address or phone number and password The News Feed will open on your screen.
- You can see an inverted triangle icon on the top right corner of your screen. You will have to right-click on that and a drop-down menu will appear from there. This can also be in the form of a gear icon, depending on which version your Facebook is.
- From the menu, click on Activity Log. And a new page will open.
- On the tab that appears on the left-hand side, click on Likes and Reactions. If you can notice, on the right-hand side there’s a list of posts that are shown to you. This list of posts refers to all the posts that you have liked. Find the post that you want to remove the like from.
- After that, you can see, on the post, there is a pencil icon on the top right side of the post. Click on that and a drop-down menu will appear showing the Unlike option. Click on it. And this will remove your like from a post on Facebook.
Now, you know How to Remove a Like on Facebook on a desktop computer.
How to remove a like on Facebook on a mobile phone?
Here, I will explain how to remove a like on Facebook on mobile in just a few steps. For unliking posts on Facebook on your mobile, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Facebook account on your phone. Then, log in to your account with your phone number or mail id and password if it is not logged into.
- If you are on iPhone, you can find the Menu bar at the bottom of the page. And if you are on Android, you can find it below the search bar. Now, in the Menu bar, click on the Hamburger option or the icon with three parallel lines.
- Then, scroll down and find Settings & Privacy and click on it. Another menu will appear from which you need to click on Settings.
- After the Settings page has opened, scroll down and tap on the Activity Log. you can find it under the option of Your Facebook Information.
- Then, click on Category which will lead to another drop-down box. When the menu appears, click on the Likes and Reactions after scrolling down.
- All the posts that you have liked will now appear. Find the post you want to remove the like from and then on the right-hand side of the post, you can see a downwards arrow. Click on that and another menu will drop front here. Now, tap on the Unlike option you see and you will remove the like from the post on your Facebook.
Here, you learned How to Remove a Like on Facebook on a mobile phone.
How do unlike pages on the desktop?
Are you looking for a way to, unlike the Facebook page? Read this to find out how to unlike pages:
- Open Facebook by going to the link: https://www.facebook.com. You are needed to log in to your account in case you are not logged in already.
- On the top left corner of your screen, on the tab, you can find your name. Click on the name. When you click on it, it opens your profile page.
- On a tab, underneath your cover photo, you can find an About option. Click on that and an About page will open.
- After that scroll down the page and then click on the Likes option. You can find it at the extreme end of that particular page that is opened.
- Then from here, scroll down and search for the page you wish to unlike. And then click on the Liked option. It is situated on the right side of the profile picture on the page. This will bring you a drop-down menu.
- From the menu, click on the Unlike button. And this will instantly remove your liking for a page on Facebook.
How do unlike pages on mobile?
- Open the application of Facebook. Considering that it is already logged in, tap on the profile icon which shows your display picture. It can be found either at the bottom or the top of the screen. And it will open your profile page. Or you can also click on the hamburger option.
- You are needed to scroll down after that. And then, click on About. It is nearby the top of your profile page that has been opened. If you are on Android, you can also click on See More About Yourself which is situated right above the Photos section.
- Then, scroll down and find the Likes heading. It is probably at the bottom of the About page which is opened.
- Then, you will have to tap on See All. it is at the end of the Likes section. When you tap on it, it will show the various pages you have liked.
- Then click on ALL LIKES at the top of the screen and it will show all the pages that you have previously liked.
- Now, select a page that you have liked and then tap on it to open the page.
- Then, select Liked which is there as a thumbs-up icon at the top right side of the page.
- Then, click on Unlike when it appears on a prompt. This is how you unlike pages on Facebook
You have learned how to remove a like on Facebook from posts. Other than that, you have also learned how to unlike pages on Facebook. And that too, both on desktop and mobile. The mobile version of the blog supports both Android and iPhone mobiles. So there’s nothing you need to worry about this. It’s all sorted.
You can also learn about such helpful tricks as this one from Digital Sushma. Subscribe to our newsletter for more helpful blogs.
We tried to cover all the aspects of how to remove a Like on Facebook. In case anything is left out then do let us know by commenting and giving your views on how to remove a Like on Facebook.