There are some instances when you have to close your Instagram account. It could seem more complicated than Facebook account deletion. However, the instructions on how to delete an Instagram account permanently are quite easy.
There could be various reasons why you would want to delete your Instagram account. For now, let us assume the following cases why would land on a decision where you have to deactivate Instagram:
- You could be spending too much time on it. You are way too involved on Instagram that time is passing by way faster than usual. Now it is interfering with your daily work.
- Social media is snatching the realistic value of life from you.
- There are many technological bugs that prevent you from editing reels and uploading videos.
- Instagram is owned by Facebook. So, you are viewing similar content on both websites whether you use the application or the webpage. It does not matter because both are connected with each other.
- The environment on your social media is toxic and fires the privacy you used to have.
- You are entering a social zone where you need validation from others.
- You have begun comparing your lives with others. That is mentally disturbing anyway.
- There is too much negativity involved in the news channels posting content. It is difficult to understand which one is right.
- Everything on social is more hyped than they actually are in real life.
How to Delete or Disable your Instagram Account on Website
We will explain to you how to delete an Instagram account on iPhone, PC, and Android as well as how to deactivate it. If you are looking for how to delete an Instagram account on app? Well, that cannot be possibly done as Instagram is still behind where the users can directly deactivate or delete their accounts by themselves using the Instagram app.
How to Deactivate Instagram Account
So, let us see how to deactivate Instagram on the website with these procedures.
Step 1: Sign in to your Instagram account after visiting instagram.com on your cell phone or computer.
Step 2: Go to the top right corner to click on your display picture.
Step 3: On the dropdown that appears, there you have to go to Settings.
Step 4: You will find a menu while landing on Edit Profile. Skip to the last section of the screen to see Temporarily disable my account.
Step 5: Now, you will be asked why you are disabling or deactivating your Instagram account. Select from the range of reasons.
Step 6: Enter your account password in the re-enter your password section.
Step 7: The final option to delete your Instagram account temporarily will fill the screen bottom. Click on Temporarily Disable Account to deactivate.
You must know that you can deactivate your Instagram account only once a week. If you want to recover it further, all you have to do is log in to the Instagram application or the website using the correct credentials.
How to Delete an Instagram Account Permanently
Deleting Instagram is irreversible. You should restore and download all data from your account before you make this decision. It includes all your uploads and such details. Read below to see how to delete an Instagram account on iPhone. Android and PC using a browser.
Step 1: Go to Delete your account link for Instagram- https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/. You can also find it on the Instagram Help Center.
Step 2: There you will find this screen displayed to permanently delete your Instagram. Read the instruction there to understand the changes.
Step 3: Submit a reason for deleting your Instagram account.
Step 4: Once you do that, you will be asked to re-enter your password in a box.
Step 5: Click on Permanently delete my account. This will lead you to erase your account and all its data completely from this social media.
Even though Instagram has certain drawbacks like all other social media platforms, there are certainly beneficial aspects too. It is advisable to disable the Instagram account rather than straightforwardly delete it. You can take breaks and visit the virtual world in between. It is best to keep the account logged out and log in when desired. However, if you are confident that you do not want to have an Instagram account in your possession, you will find our How to Delete an Instagram Account article helpful in this task.
The best part about deleting an Instagram account is that it does not store any data of any user when deleted, unlike Facebook. On Facebook, when you have deleted your account. Its data is kept indexed with the webmasters, which is why many a time the profiles could be recovered. However, Instagram is a step ahead and more serious about deleting the big-sized data we put on the website.