An e-signature is a digital representation of your signature. The phrase “electronic signature” refers to a signature on a piece of paper that has nothing but your signature. A digital signature is required if you are asked to sign a PDF document. The distinction between electronic signatures and digital signatures is essential to keep in mind. A digital signature demonstrates that you’ve read the document and signed it digitally, therefore confirming your approval of it. The most specific kind of signature is a digital one. You may use electronic signatures on any platform, from Windows to Android to iOS to Mac.
In Windows 10, how do you digitally sign a PDF document?
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the most acceptable PDF signing program for Windows. It’s jam-packed with features and an excellent choice for the job at hand. This app’s sole drawback is that it consumes a lot of disc space. Other lightweight third-party software enables electronic signatures on PDF documents. Still, they often prompt you to buy their commercial version before allowing you to sign your first document with their electronic signature function.
Follow these instructions to sign a PDF document electronically using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Using the search field, type in the name of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- If you don’t already have the app installed on your PC or desktop, go ahead and get it.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader will launch when you press the enter key on the top search result.
- Click on the File option in the upper left corner of Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the document you wish to sign electronically.
- A menu will appear. Choose Open from the menu options.
- Open the document you wish to sign electronically by clicking on it in the folder where it is located.
- Using the panel on the right side, choose Fill and Sign from the drop-down menu that appears.
- The page shown below will now be displayed. Decide if you wish to sign the document personally or whether it must be witnessed. The Me option has been selected by clicking on it in this instance.
- In the top toolbar, find and click the Sign button.
- From the pop-up menu, choose Add Signature.
- You’ll see the following dialogue box come up.
- You’ll see that there are three options to sign your PDF document electronically. They include:Type\sDraw\sImage
Alternatively, you may utilize the Image option, which requires you to sign with a pen on paper, scan the form, and then insert the scanned image into the PDF document using Adobe Acrobat. Even though you must check, you only need to do it once and then utilize the scanned picture to sign any document electronically.
Simply choose the Image option and go to the image containing your signature as an electronic signature. A new window will pop up in the available area when you click on the picture.
- Once you’ve made a signature using any of the three methods above, click the Apply button to apply it to your document. Keep this signature for future use by selecting the Save signature option.
- By dragging the signature to the desired location, you may change the signature’s position.
- Click on it to save it after you’ve finished arranging it.
- You may simply locate the signature you already stored in the Sign menu.
- Next, click File, then Store, then go to the location where you wish to save the document with the signature.
- A digitally signed copy of your PDF document may now be sent using any available way.
Electronic signatures may be used to verify the authenticity of documents by people from various walks of life. Electronic signatures speed up the recruiting procedure for human resources workers. Using design solutions, design solutions, salespeople can sign sales.