Do you know how to turn off active status on Facebook? Most probably not. And that is why you are here.
Well, this is not rocket science. Even though Facebook might have complicated settings that appear differently for desktops, laptops, and mobile, it still is not rocket science. And that will be proved if you follow the steps written in this blog.
You can also check out the Facebook category on our website. It has helpful content like his one!
What is the Status of Facebook?
Status on Facebook represents what you are doing. Offline status means that the person is not on Facebook and online means that the person is on Facebook.
This is what it means, generally, but it’s more than that on Facebook.
This status can be turned both offline and online. This means that when you are online you can still show to the public and your friends that you are offline. This is just a new feature that allows you to be basically, deceptive. When you don’t want to tell people when you are online or not, this can serve as your go-to feature.
How to Turn off Active Status on Facebook on a Desktop?
This blog is only applicable for the desktop or laptop. It means that in case you are on your MacBook or laptop or desktop, these steps are going to help you do that successfully. But this would not apply to you in case you are on your phone.
- In the first step, you will have to launch the Facebook site.
- Then, at the top right, click on the messenger option which you will find beside the plus icon.
- In the Chats window, you will notice a three-dot icon on the right side where the Chat name is mentioned. Click on it.
- A drop-down box will appear. From there, click on the fourth option which is the Active Status option.
- A new window will appear. Now, as you can notice, there will be three options. One is Active Status: ON, the second is Active Status: ON for some and the third is Active Status: OFF for some. If you click on the first one, it will go offline. This means whenever you come online, it would not show. If you click on the second option, it means that it will show you online for some people but the third option will show you offline for some people. You can even edit whom you choose to show whether you are online or offline. This happens for the selected people.
- After you have chosen your option, click on the Save button. You can also click on the reset button in case you want to go back to the default settings. You can also press cancel, in case you change your mind.
How to Appear offline on Facebook on Android?
- Firstly, you will have to open your Messenger application. If it is not in your phone then you can download it from Google PlayStore. The link is given below.
- On the top left of the Chats window, you can find your profile picture. It’s round and small. Click on that.
- Now, there are different options under several heads. Under the Profile head, click on the Active Status option.
- Now, toggle on the switches as per your preferences.
If you want to Show when you’re active, click on the first option.
If you want to Show when you’re active together, click on the second option.
This article has shown you how to turn off active status on Facebook easily. And that too, for both mobile and desktop. Now it is your turn to tell us what you need more and we will come up with easy solutions to fix that technological issue.