You have been in this situation many times and you can not really deny it. A lot of unwanted messages kept on flowing in your chatbox. Besides creating junk space, receiving notifications from unknown senders on iPhone is disturbing and a lot of iPhone users have faced this same problem.
You might have already been filtering these messages and are probably tired of it but we have got you covered because these unknown text message notifications can be easily blocked.
Mentioned below are steps of both how to block unknown sender’s text messages on iPhone and how to stop receiving notifications about messages from unknown senders on iPhone.
How to block text messages on iPhone:
- Go to Home Screen and then tap on “Settings”.
- Once the window appears, scroll down and tap on “Messages”. This is denoted by a green square symbol with a white message cloud inside it.
- Once the Messages window appears, scroll down once again. You can see a section called “MESSAGE FILTERING”. This section has an option called “Filter Unknown Senders”. Switch it on.
- Go back to the Home Screen.
- Next, open up your Text Messaging App. You can now see there is a different section from “All Messages”, “Known Senders” and “Unknown Senders”. These sections are already classified with their sort of messages inside them. Click on “Unknown Senders”.
- When the window appears, you can see the list of messages from unknown senders. You can either swipe across a particular chat to delete a message or you can open up the message and then tap on the profile icon at the top. This will lead you to another page. Now, tap on info. Then tap on “Block this Caller”. Then select “Block Contact” on the pop-up notification.
Any texts from Blocked contacts will not notify you. In case you want to report a message as junk, go to the Messaging app and select a chat. Then scroll down to find the “Report Junk” option and tap on it. Select “Delete and Report Chat” on the notification that pops up.
You might also like: How to Transfer Your Data to New iPhone from an Old iPhone One
How to block text message notifications on iPhone:
- Go to “Settings”
- Scroll down to “Notifications”.
- In the Notifications tab, scroll down to find Messages and click on it.
- When the tab appears, scroll down to the very bottom of the page once again and you can see the option of “Customize Notifications”
- Now here, in the “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” section, turn off the switch of “Unknown Senders” and you will not receive any notifications in case you get any text messages from any unknown users on your iPhone.
Many times, these incoming messages from unknown users act as spam texts. Unwanted texts or photos or videos end up in the wrong places. They create unwanted junk that often reduces the efficiency of work. This article contains information about how to block text message notifications on your iPhone. Follow for more iPhone content!