It is true that android and iPhone are very different in nature. We are talking about the technicalities of using an iPhone. The simple gestures that we use in an Android phone are quite different in an iPhone. This is because the software working in both are very different and by that, it means that they are built in a different way which makes them function separately through unique gestures.
This article will show you how to do the easiest of the work on the iPhone which is to copy and paste regular text, text from photos, weblinks and so much more on the iPhone.
The following steps are quite easy to follow and will help you successfully copy a text and then best it afterward somewhere else in the iPhone itself.
How do you Copy and Paste on iPhone (applicable for older versions)
Step 1– Find the text that you want to copy on your iPhone. This can be any regular text and it can be on any platform. It can be on your messages, on any website, in a note, or in any app on your phone.
Step 2– Long tap on the text you want to copy.
Step 3– You can notice that a menu appears that has many options like Select All, Paste, Insert Drawing, and other options. You will also observe that on the extreme right of that menu a rightwards arrow is given. If you click on this rightwards arrow it is going to lead you to another section of options. Tap on Select from this menu.
Step 4– When you tap on Select, you will notice that two handlers suddenly appear around your text: one on the extreme left and one on the extreme right. These handlers are used to adjust the length of the text you actually want to copy. Like Android, you can also copy one word or a few words lines, or even paragraphs.
Step 5– After selecting your text, you can notice another menu appears which has options like Cut, Copy, Paste, and formatting options like Bold, and Italics. Underline. From there click on the Copy option.
Step 6– The text that you have selected is actually copied in the iPhone’s virtual clipboard now. You can paste this anywhere on your iPhone.
For pasting the text that you have already selected in copied, you have to long tap tap and hold any position in the text field and from that, a menu box will appear showing Paste and some formatting menus. From there select the Paste option and your copied text will be posted there.
Points to Remember
When you are using iPhone iOS 13 and later versions, you can actually copy any text and then paste it using gestures options in the system.
How to Copy and Paste on iPhone in 3 easy steps (13 and later versions)
1. You have to find the text that you want to copy
2. Using three of your fingers act in a pinch-in motion on the text in order to copy it
3. Go to the place where you want to paste and then act in a pinch-out motion with three of your fingers on that place. This is going to test your copied text.
How to Copy and Paste a Link on iPhone
1. Find the hyperlink/weblink (URL) that you want to copy.
2. Tap and then hold on to the text. A menu will appear which says Add to reading list, Copy and Share…
3. From these options, click on the Share option which is at the bottom of the menu.
4. Now another menu will appear and at the bottom left corner of it, you can see the option of Copy. Click on this option and your web link will be copied to your iPhone clipboard.
5. Go to the place where you want to paste it and paste it by holding on to it. Choose the Paste option from the menu and your text will be pasted.
How to Copy and Paste Photos on iPhone
- The very first thing to do is to launch the Photos app on your iPhone. Select the photo you want to copy and open it to the full-screen size.
- On the bottom left of the corner screen, click on the Share icon.
- A menu will appear and from it, again click on the Copy option on the bottom left corner of the screen. Your photo will be copied to your clipboard.
- Now go to the place where you want to paste it and then hold that place and select Paste in order to complete this step.
Copy and pasting on iPhone is really an easy thing to do. All you have to do is follow the steps which are mentioned in this article and you will be done with your work. Even though the newer versions of the iPhone have slightly different features from the old ones, the basic function of copy and pasting remains the same for all. Just a few more ways to do it, get added with the newer models.