Facing a “Last Line No Longer Available” error on your iPhone? This error primarily affects iOS 15 and iPhone 13 users. While this error is common in the iPhone 13, generally it affects the older models of iPhone which run iOS 15 as well.
So, what is the solution to this error? This guide will help you to fix the error “Last Line No Longer Available” on your iPhone. Let’s start and find the possible methods to fix this.
What is Last Line No Longer Available Mean?
An iPhone with a Dual SIM setup can display an error “Last Line No Longer Available” while trying to make calls but it is unable to identify the default or preferred line. As I mentioned above, it mainly affects the iPhone 13, and the error also appears on the other model of dual SIM-supported iPhone devices.
The common reason for having this error is some random bug or technical glitch in the phone radio, recent call logs, or configuration in the network setting of the device.
- How to Reinstall Deleted Apps on iPhone
- How to Use Snapchat on Your Computer
- How to Use Grammarly in Google Docs
- What is Universal Control Mac and How to Use it?
This error can be fixed by switching on or off to Airplane Mode, rebooting your device, or clearing your “cookies or recent” history. If these techniques don’t work, you might have to resort update carrier settings or you can reset the network.
How to Fix Last Line no Longer Available in iPhone
Here are some points that will help you to fix the “Last Line No Longer Available” error.
1. Restart your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone may help to delete all the cache and temp files, this often helps in fixing the iOS issues on your device.
- On iPhone 8 or later: Press the up volume button. Then, quickly press the down volume button. Next, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo shows up on the screen.
- On iPhone 7/ 7 Plus: Press and hold the power key and the volume down key simultaneously until the Apple logo shows up on your device screen.
- On iPhone 6s/ 6 Plus or old model: Hold down the power key and the home button at once until the screen goes off your device is black and the Apple logo appears.
2. Switch Phone Lines Manually on iPhone
The “Last Line No Longer Available” pop-up appears, tapping the Call option automatically routes the call through the other line on your iPhone. If this method doesn’t work, try to switch numbers manually.
- While dialing a new number, hit the current line at the top of the screen and select the other line.
- While placing a call from your “Favorites” and “Recents” lists, tap the Info button and choose the number from the list you want.
Continue with the potential solutions below if you do not want to use the additional line on your iPhone.
3. Enable and disable Airplane mode on iPhone
To on or off the Airplane Mode can quickly fix the most common issues on iPhone. Just swipe down from the top-right of the screen and tap on the Airplane Mode icon from the Control Center. After a few seconds, repeat the same step to disable the Airplane Mode.
If this step still not working, follow the next step.
4. Clear Your iPhone’s Call History
If the “Last Line No Longer Available” error is still occurring on your iPhone while making a call or selecting contact numbers from your “Recent” contact list, first delete the call history and try again. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Phone app and go to the Recents contact tab.
- Click on Edit.
- Hit the Delete button next to each contact or phone number-related entry.
Delete the entire call log history if the error still occurs for every number on your iPhone’s “Recents” list.
- Open the Phone app and navigate to the Recents contact tab.
- Tap Edit.
- Click Clear.
- Then click on Clear All Recents.
5. Update Carrier Settings
Update the carrier settings is the other option to fix the error of “Last Line No Longer Available”. The steps are as below:
- Open the Settings option on your iPhone and go to General -> About. Then scroll down to the Carrier option. After that, you will get an alert and you will be asked to update the carrier setting.
- Then, click “Update” on the pop-up option, and you are done!
6. Disable WiFi Calling
Disabling the WiFi calling function may help to fix the issue. WiFi calling is a useful feature. Here’s how can you disable Wi-Fi calling:
- Go to the Settings.
- Select Mobile Data.
- Open Wi-Fi Calling.
- Toggle Off the Wi-Fi Calling option.
7. Avoid Using Your Preferred Line for Cellular Data
If you are using the default or preferred line to access your Cellular data, then the “Last Line No Longer Available” error can also occur. Follow the steps to avoid using a preferred line for cellular data:
- Open Settings and click Cellular.
- Then click on Cellular Data.
- Finally, select the other phone line or disable cellular data altogether.
You can also try to fix the issue to Allow the Cellular Data Switching option to be on or off.
8. Disable Automatic Network Selection on iPhone
Automatic Network Selection may be the reason for the “Last Line No Longer Available” error. It asks your iPhone to select the best network to connect to, but on Dual-SIM iPhones, it causes problems.
To disable the feature of Automatic Network Selection, open the Settings app and tap Cellular > Network Selection. Next, turn off the switch next to Automatic Network Selection and select your carrier network.
9. Reset Network Settings on iPhone
If you have tried all the solutions mentioned above, what happened if none of the ability to fix the “Last Line No Longer Available” error? You can choose this and try resetting your iPhone network settings. To do this, open the Settings app, go to General > Transfer & Reset Phone, and select Reset Network Settings.
Note: Resetting the network on your iPhone may delete all your saved Wi-Fi hotspots and passwords. But do not worry, you may manually re-join any networks afterward.
10. Remove and reinsert SIM
The step will only work if you are using a physical SIM and not an eSIM.
Use an ejector tool to remove the SIM card from the tray. Then reinsert the SIM card and wait for some time. After reinserting, try to call someone from the Recent Call Log and check if the error is fixed or not.
11. Try Switching Between SIMs
iOS allows you to switch the SIMs for calling. You can switch your SIM if you have set a default line for sending messages or for calling. If the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error is still occurring and you are not able to call from the default line, you can try this method by switching between the SIMs of your iPhone. For this step you need to:
- Click on the “i” button next to the contact you want to call -> your default phone number -> alternate number.
- For manually dialing a phone number, click on the primary phone number and select the alternate SIM.
12. Update the Latest iOS Software
Lastly, update your latest iOS software on your iPhone. Nowadays, most iOS versions come with numerous bugs. Bug fixes are typically included in the software update from Apple. So, this can probably fix the problem. Furthermore, you can also try updating the software and apps manually. To do this:
- Tap the Settings app on your iPhone -> General -> Software Update and download and install the latest version of iOS.
If you are still having the “Last Line No Longer Available” error, then contact Apple support.
- How to Change the Time Zone on iPhone Manually when you’re Traveling?
- Why can I See on My iPad “Not Charging” Message?
- How to Turn on Location Service on iPhone?
- How to Drop a Pin in Apple Maps on iPhone
- How to Turn Off the Camera Sound on iPhone?
So, these are the possible methods I have mentioned in this blog to solve the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ error on your iPhone or any other iPhone model.
Hope by reading this article you may be able to fix the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ issue.