Snapchat is one of the popular apps that provides new updates and surprises daily. In the last year, we have seen the X symbol on Snapchat, which is recently become the focus of much discussion among users. If you see an X on Snapchat, what does it mean? Read on and discover What does X mean on Snapchat, and how do I get rid of it?
Although the app’s popularity can be attributed in part to its interesting filters, cute emojis, and other features, another factor contributing to Snapchat’s popularity is the seemingly endless conversations that can be found within the app, whether in private chats or in groups.
Let’s move on to the day’s pressing issue after we delve one more digit into this mysterious X sign. Read on to find out what the X means on Snapchat and how to get rid of it. So, let’s start!
Snapchat: What Does the X Mean on Snapchat?
Recently, Snapchat users’ mind has been blown by the tiny grey X icon that appears next to their name. So “What does the X mean on Snapchat?”
As far as we can tell, the following is the meaning of Snapchat X:
1) They have removed you from their friend’s list.
You can assume that you have been removed or blocked from someone’s Snapchat friend list if you see an X icon next to their name.
2) You have removed them from your friend’s list.
The X next to a friend’s name on Snapchat could also indicate that you have unfriended that person.
3) You have not added them to your friend’s list
It means that the Snapchat friend is not been added to your friend list yet.
In a nutshell, the X icon signifies to the other user that you are no longer Snapchat friends. This means that they won’t respond positively to any messages you send them, and vice versa. Below their Snapchat chat, the word “Pending” will flash. To answer the question, “What does X mean on Snapchat?” I hope this helps.
- How To Unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat?
- How to Use Snapchat on Your Computer
- The Next Big Thing in Rajkotupdates.news Games: Garena Free Fire & PUBG India
- Techy Hit Tools: Is It Possible to Get Free Instagram Followers: All the Stats, Facts, and Data You’ll Ever Need to Know
How Do I Get Rid of the Snapchat X Icon?
Now that you know what the Snapchat X symbol means, I’ll show you how to get rid of the grey X. That icon is annoying, I know. Just follow the two simple instructions down below to get rid of the X symbol on Snapchat:
1. You should first see if they are already friends with you. Make sure they are included or add them in.
2. You should check to see if they have added you as a friend on Snapchat, and if they haven’t, you can always ask them to.
3. Finally, once you’ve completed steps 1 through 3, the grey X will disappear. Although it’s possible that you’ll have to restart Snapchat. The answer to this question is system-specific.
As soon as both people in a Snapchat conversation are added to each other’s friend lists, the X will disappear from the conversation’s screen. If two Snapchatters want to establish a solid relationship, this is the way to do it.
It’s easy to underestimate how much information can be gleaned from a Snapchat conversation. For those who haven’t prepared themselves for the possibility of losing a close friend, seeing the X icon pop up on Snapchat may come as a rude awakening. Now that you have a sign, go talk to them before you freak out about their arbitrary action.
X Next to Snapchat Conversation
What you can do with this X Icon which is just next to the Snapchat conversation option? So, here is the answer in a different way:
1. If you tap on the X icon it will ask you if you want to hide the friend from your conversation list.
2. If you have sent the invitation to the friend and the request is still Pending then the X icon will show you different options like: “What would you like to do? Block, Report, or Clear Conversation.
To sum up, the mystery surrounding the X icon that appears next to a user’s name in a conversation on Snapchat, all I can say is that you never know what the next day will bring in the form of this yellow app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Snapchat’s X symbol: what does it mean?
In Snapchat, an X next to a user’s name simply indicates that you and that person are not friends.
Is there a way to check if you’ve been blocked on Snapchat?
Snapchat won’t let you know if you’ve been blocked, but there are ways to see if that’s the case. If you think someone has blocked you on Snapchat, you can find out for sure by searching for their username, checking your conversations, or sending them a message. To be sure you haven’t been blocked, try searching for their name in another account.
Does Snapchat’s “pending” mean I’ve been blocked?
To dispel any fears you may have, this does not necessarily indicate that you have been blocked. When you send a Snapchat user a message or a snap and the recipient’s status change to “pending,” it usually means that the user has not yet accepted your message or friend request.
Explain why I have X on my Snapchat.
The X next to a user’s name on Snapchat simply indicates that you and that person are not friends.